Sunday, June 16, 2013

Let It Go

So, I'm the type of person who is constantly trying to keep moving. Nothing or no one changes that. However, that is not to say that I don't reflect on things. So, I'm beating around the bush a bit.

Here's the story.
 A couple nights ago, my mom and  I were on the way home after a long day of printing shirts. Typically, I'm quiet and listening to the radio( only speaking when spoken to). My mom is being goofy as she is TRYING to be funny.

Out of no where, she decides to ask,"How's A*****?"

I responded with a simple and direct," I don't know. We haven't been in contact."

Oh. Do I wish that I would realized where this was going? Now, It was only a 25-30 second conversation. Her final question was," How does that make you feel?" My thought is that this isn't Dr. Phil and she isn't Oprah. I forget exactly what I said, but it was one of those "it is what it is" statements.

That's the first half( Act 1 for your theatre geeks).

The next day, she is giving me a ride to Hempfield for the Pittsburgh Passion game. I guess you could guess what topic she brings to the forefront. Unprovoked, she goes into this soliloquy of "you don't break-up with friends", "she wanted more", and "she had stronger feelings than you think".

A part of me was thinking that it's cute. My mom wants me to find love with a good girl( I do think A***** is an awesome girl and her bf is a lucky dude), but we've been through this. We've never had that type of relationship. So, I did have a sly smile on my face. I could appreciate her motives( even if they are misdirected).

The other part of me wanted to tell my mom to LET IT GO. We are never going to go on a romantic date. We are never going to "make purple". In my best Italian voice...Forget about it.